BES specialises in the design and construction of sophisticated environmental facilities; providing a complete turnkey package to the high technology industries, particularly Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Life Sciences and Healthcare.
Our clients operate in highly regulated industries and therefore the service we offer must be professional at all times.
In addition to your specific duties and responsibilities you must always represent the company in the best possible light in order to help secure repeat business opportunities.
Based in the Rochdale office you will report to a Principal Architect / Design Lead, your primary roles and responsibilities are set out below:-
Although responsible to the Design Lead you will have responsibility for the Architectural design processes from concept through detailed design including an involvement when required assist in delivering the project on site. Specific areas of responsibility are detailed:-
- Architectural Design and Co-ordination
- Safety, Health and the Environment.
- Procurement and Planning.
- Architectural Design and Co-ordination
In line with our core business, you would have in depth knowledge and competence in the architectural design of complex validated facilities, which meet cGMP and ISO 14644 requirements such as:
- Research and QA / QC laboratories
- Sensitive research facilities
- Pilot scale manufacturing
- Full scale manufacturing
- Potent processing
- Sterile manufacturing
You would be expected to be an integral part of a multi-service design and installation team and be proactive in ensuring effective communication and production of good quality information. As part of this team, you will also play a role in the development of junior project and design engineers.
You will be responsible for the development of architectural solutions to meet both client and legislative requirements and in particular to carry out the following:-
- Undertake detailed surveys
- Preparation of design and working drawings
- Prepare construction specifications
- Preparation of drawings and documentation for statutory submission
- Compliance with CDM including the preparation of design risk assessments
- Look for opportunities to provide a unique design solution to improve profitability.
- Liaise with statutory bodies [Planning/Building Control]
- Be fully conversant with Revit by Autodesk and have a good knowledge of family creation and be able to utilise the 3D render process to provide images for clients and sales purposes
- Attend Design Meeting with Clients
- Assist in planning works for design and procurement phases
The majority of your work will be in the Pharmaceutical, Healthcare and Food and Drink Sectors, providing detailed designs on projects ranging from sensitive research facilities to complex and demanding sterile manufacturing environments.
- Safety, Health and the Environment
You will have an excellent knowledge of current legislation, requirements and best practice and all design works should be in compliance.
You would be competent in complying with CDM regulations especially the production of good quality design risk assessments and control measures.
You will be expected to deliver design information which is clear and of a standard suitable for efficient installation from in house tradesmen and specialist supply chain providers.
You would be expected to work in line with our accredited quality assurance procedures ISO 9001 –2015
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Studies but ideally qualified to degree level.
- Trained to a minimum standard of IoSH Managing Safely.
- Experienced in design and co-ordination of turnkey projects including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- Conversant with ISO 9001 quality systems and procedures.
- Ideally fully conversant using REVIT by autodesk. With a good working knowledge of parametric family creation and utilising the 3D render process to illustrate design for client purposes.
- Strictly adhere to drawing protocol for both draughting standards and working within a BIM environment.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Project and a working knowledge of AutoCAD systems.
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of principal contractor.
- Have a least ten years experience of working in practice with the ability to generate commercial designs and an eye to provide unique solutions.
- Able to lead work as part of a team delivering a fully co-ordinated / integrated solution.
- Able to meet the requirements of BES competency Profile for Senior Architectural Technician.
- Customer focussed and able to liaise with senior personnel within the client’s organisation