Commissioning and Validation Manager
We are looking for an experienced Commissioning and Validation Manager with immense talent and drive to become part of our multi-service project team.
Commissioning and Validation Manager, reporting to the Project Manager, will provide management support to the Commissioning and Validation processes across a full range of projects, from initial design reviews, through to plant, services and systems commissioning, validation and handover. Although your primary focus will be the HVAC systems, you will be able to manage the complete testing / commissioning / validation process including the electrical services as well as facility itself (excluding process validation).
Responsibilities will include but not exclusive to the following –
- Leading commissionability studies to ensure that HVAC equipment and systems can be commissioned to meet the design intent.
- With reference to the design, assisting with procurement of specialist commissioning and validation services and the detailed planning of their activities taking account of the interdependencies with the construction and the clients own validation activities.
- Monitoring the performance of the commissioning teams to ensure all activities are carefully planned and work carried out efficiently.
- Ensuring that information is recorded correctly at the commissioning stage to allow this to provide the raw data for the validation activities;
- Writing and executing validation protocols and overseeing the transition between commissioning and IQ/OQ activities
- Managing the key transitions between construction completion, snagging, commissioning and validation and ensuring that the Building owners are given full technical support during beneficial occupation.
- Acting as a key point of contact for the Customer, taking a pro-active and professional approach to all projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, within budget and to the high standards that BES and our customers expect.
- Working in line with our accredited quality assurance procedures ISO 9001- 2000
- Based at Manchester office, but visiting sites nationwide
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services but ideally qualified to degree level.
- Have an experience of working in practice in HVAC, building services and commissioning industry
- Trained to a minimum standard of IoSH Managing Safely.
- Experienced in design and co-ordination of turnkey projects including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
- IT literate - conversant with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred, particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- Able to lead work as part of a team delivering a fully co-ordinated / integrated solution.
- Conversant with ISO 9001 quality systems and procedures.
- Customer focussed and able to liaise with senior personnel within the client’s organisation.
What’s on offer?
- Attractive salary and benefit package
- Flexible Working Times
- Pension scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events
Please note, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.