With over 18 years of proven capability in pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, BES offers unique career opportunities, along with a supportive and collaborative work culture.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Construction Manager to join our southern team based in Milton Keynes.
Our Milton Keynes office has been successfully operating since 2018, supporting a growing client base in the South. With its close proximity to the main bio sciences and healthcare organisations found in Oxford, Cambridge and London, Milton Keynes offers superb transport links combined with fantastic amenities.
By joining BES, you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and career as an integral part of a driven and growing team. You will work with premium clients on challenging and interesting projects, ranging from laboratories and cleanrooms to the most complex pioneering pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
The foundations of the company have been built around partnering and collaboration, which is only possible through open and honest communication. We are looking for individuals who can share this ethos and continue to provide professional and best-in-class services to our clients.
With many prestigious projects underway and a healthy forward order book with a forecasted turnover of over £50m this year, it is an exciting time to join our business.
- Full SHE responsibility for the site. You will have an excellent knowledge of current legislation, requirements and best practice and promote and maintain a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Proactively work with the team and the Client to ensure best in class delivery, ensuring the project is delivered to time, budget, and quality requirements
- Set and maintain high standards of workmanship during construction
- Attend site meetings with the both the Client and the site teams
- Liaison with all disciplines to ensure works is accurately coordinated.
- Correctly interpret drawings and documents for installation
- Thorough communication with tradesmen of the working practices required
- Assess build ability of the installation and provide proactive solutions where required
- Monitor on site resources.
- Organisation and management of sub contractors, including planning and assigning work
- Liaise with the BES Project Manager and Team regularly to discuss planning and progress.
- Chair daily briefs with contractors to ensure planning & progress is in line with the current PDR board.
- Proactively manage the construction works on site and organise the works effectively.
- Based on site you will also have a responsibility for attendance at site meetings
Knowledge & Experience
- Trained to a minimum standard of IoSH Managing Safely or SMSTS
- Experienced in managing turnkey projects including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
- IT literate.
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of Principal Contractor.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in industry.
What's on offer
- Salary negotiable (dependent on experience)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension scheme Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events