A great opportunity for a Document Controller to join our busy team in Rochdale.
With many prestigious projects underway and a healthy forward order book with a forecasted turnover of over £50m this year, it is an exciting time to join our business.
We offer a competitive salary, opportunities to expand your skill set and develop your role, along with a supportive and collaborative work culture.
Based in the Rochdale office you will report to the Engineering Director and work as part of the Engineering/Construction team. Your primary roles and responsibilities are set out below:-
- Control both company and project documentation for several projects
- Provide general administrative assistance to the engineering/construction team
- Help to define and then manage the project documentation processes, for example: generating version controls; maintaining accurate document registers, databases, external issue, internal controls etc.
- Manage all project documentation, for example design notes, sketches, BIM files, reports, specifications, contract documents, programmes, presentations, commissioning data, O&M’s and H&S information etc.
- Define and manage the document naming conventions and control the structure of the system; generate document references and maintain accurate and up-to-date document register
- Ensure drawings and support documents are filed and updated accordingly to enable easy access to documentation for all relevant stakeholders and for auditing purposes
- Generate project-based reports as required
- Regularly issue communication status
- Ensure that the file structures, workflow and naming conventions are transferrable and useable by other departments
- Purchasing support, including raising of orders, control of purchase ledger invoices including expediting, approval and completion of payment certificates
- Solid background working in the construction industry
- Demonstratable significant experience working with a Document Control Software e.g. 4Projects;
- Excitech DOCS knowledge highly desirable
- General administration and project support experience
- Strong Microsoft office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- An ability to understand how the operations of the department relate to others and work collaboratively to obtain the best outcome for the business
- Personable team player with excellent verbal and written English language communication skills.
- Effectively work as part of a team and individually
- Have a ‘can learn’ attitude
What's on offer
- Salary negotiable
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events