Senior HVAC Project Engineer (Macclesfield)
BES works with world-leading organisations in the pharmaceutical, life science and healthcare sectors to create cutting-edge cleanrooms, laboratories and other sophisticated environments. Committed to innovation and excellence in all we do, our specialist services encompass consultancy, design, construction, commissioning and validation.
Our clients operate in highly regulated industries and therefore the service we offer must be professional at all times.
In addition to your specific duties and responsibilities you must always represent the company in the best possible light in order to help secure repeat business opportunities.
Based in the Rochdale office you will report to a Project Manager, your primary roles and responsibilities are set out below:-
You will provide engineering support on a range of projects which can be split into specific areas which are described in more detail below
- Safety, Health and the Environment.
- Project Control
- Site Matters.
As a senior member of the team you will at times have close contact with the Client and therefore you will need to be customer focused, non confrontational and establish good working relationships.
Although your role described here is based on supporting a Project Manager, dependant on the size, nature and complexity of the project you may also be required to manage certain projects independently, in which case any additional responsibilities and duties required will be defined within a specific project Kick Off meeting but are also set out in the ‘Project Managers’ job description.
Safety, Health and the Environment
You should have a good knowledge of current legislation, requirements and best practice and will work as part of the project team to ensure our work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following,
- Implement the companies Safety Management system in full
- Proactively assist the project manager in attaining ‘Zero Accidents’ on site
- Ensure Health and Safety Plan is utilised and complied with.
- Carry our safety audits on site to monitor our safety performance.
You will work in close liaison with the Project Manager to deliver a range of projects, specifically relating to your engineering discipline. Your duties will include but not be limited to the following:-
- Preparation of design and construction programmes
- Monitoring and reporting progress
- Ensure projects are delivered on time
- Liaise with relevant members of the project team to discuss and agree programme requirements
- Maintain strict cost control from procurement through to handover
- Achieve zero customer complaints
You will work in close liaison with the Project Manager to procure sub-contract work packages and general materials including but not limited to the following:-
- Agree working arrangements with all key service providers
- Produce procurement schedules.
- Organisation and management of sub contractors to meet project time scales
- Negotiate and agree ‘best price’ procurement of suppliers and sub contractors
You will work in close liaison with the Site Manager to ensure the project is delivered to the client’s satisfaction, including the following:-
- Set and maintain high standards of workmanship during construction
- Attend site meetings with the client and our site teams
- Preparation of quality and safety plans
- Input into risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments
You will need to assist the Site Manager to ensure that the quality and standard of work for the complete installation meets the high expectations of both BES and the Client. Your tasks will cover but not be limited to the following:
- Liaison with all disciplines to ensure works is accurately coordinated.
- Inspection of ongoing installation and monitoring completion of snags
- Correctly interpret drawings and documents for installation
- Thorough communication with sub contractors and suppliers of the standards required
- Understand the BES Quality System, implement and promote
- Achieve Zero Formal Customer Complaints
- Assess build ability of the installation and provide proactive solutions where required
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services or Building Studies.
- Trained to a minimum standard of IoSH Managing Safely.
- Although you will be experienced in delivering projects in your core skill, experience in the delivery of turnkey projects is also required
- Able to understand design principles and carry out design associated with minor changes.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
- IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Project.
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of principal contractor.
- Minimum 10 years experience in industry.