BES works with world-leading organisations in the pharmaceutical, life science and healthcare sectors to create cutting-edge cleanrooms, laboratories and other sophisticated environments. Committed to innovation and excellence in all we do, our specialist services encompass consultancy, design, construction, commissioning and validation.
Our clients operate in highly regulated industries and therefore the service we offer must be professional at all times.
In addition to your specific duties and responsibilities you must always represent the company in the best possible light in order to help secure repeat business opportunities.
Reporting to a Project Manager, your primary roles and responsibilities are set out below:-
You will provide engineering support on a range of projects which can be split into specific areas which are described in more detail below
- Project Control
- Site Matters.
As a member of the team you will at times have close contact with the Client and therefore you will need to be customer focused, non confrontational and establish good working relationships.
Although your role described here is based on supporting a Project Manager, dependant on the size, nature and complexity of the project you may also be required to manage certain elements of the project independently, in which case any additional responsibilities and duties required will be defined within a specific project Kick Off meeting but are also set out in the ‘Project Managers’ job description.
You will work in close liaison with the Project Manager to deliver a range of projects, specifically relating to your engineering discipline. Your duties will include but not be limited to the following:-
- Liaise with relevant members of the project team to discuss and agree programme requirements.
- Ensure design deliverables are structured to meet the construction demands
- Preparation of tender, design, construction & commissioning programmes
- Monitoring/reporting progress, highlighting any inefficiencies
- Forecast problems as early as possible enabling corrective action to be taken
- Maintain clear communication lines between all parties to meet programme deadlines
- Prepare earned value analysis (EVA) & S curve reports
- Ensure all project key deliverables/milestones are achievable.
You will work in close liaison with the Project Manager to procure sub-contract work packages and general materials including but not limited to the following:-
- Preparation of tender programmes to ensure supplier/sub contractor deliverables are met
- Agree working arrangements with all key service providers
- Produce procurement schedules.
- Engage with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure timeframes are maintained.
- Agree procurement timeframes with the Project Team and actively monitor throughout the procurement period.
You will work in close liaison with the Site Team to ensure the project is delivered to the client’s satisfaction, including the following:-
- Visit site regularly to monitor progress
- Attend site meetings with the client and site teams
- Preparation of programme project reports
- Preparation of look ahead reports to focus site teams
- Ensure clear communication of programme activities to site personnel
You will be responsible for producing ‘close out’ programs at the end of a project to ensure timely handover to the Client. This will include the timescales for production of all Handover documentation and certification from third party commissioning activities.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services or Building Studies.
- Fully conversant with MS Project 2003 & 2007 and an appreciation of Suretrak / Primavera software would also be beneficial
- Have an appreciation of design principals to ensure smooth transition into construction activities
- Experienced in carrying out and reporting Earned Value Analysis.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and clean-rooms.
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
- IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Experienced in the delivery of full turnkey projects.