Senior Project Planner
With over 18 years of proven capability in pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, BES offers unique career opportunities, along with a supportive and collaborative work culture.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Planner to join our southern team based in Milton Keynes.
Our Milton Keynes office has been successfully operating since 2018, supporting a growing client base in the South. With its close proximity to the main bio sciences and healthcare organisations found in Oxford, Cambridge and London, Milton Keynes offers superb transport links combined with fantastic amenities.
By joining BES, you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and career as an integral part of a driven and growing team. You will work with premium clients on challenging and interesting projects, ranging from laboratories and cleanrooms to the most complex pioneering pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
The foundations of the company have been built around partnering and collaboration, which is only possible through open and honest communication. We are looking for individuals who can share this ethos and continue to provide professional and best-in-class services to our clients.
With many prestigious projects underway and a healthy forward order book with a forecasted turnover of over £50m this year, it is an exciting time to join our business.
- Project Control
- Site Matters.
- Liaise with relevant members of the project team to discuss and agree programme requirements.
- Ensure design deliverables are structured to meet the construction demands
- Preparation of tender, design, construction & commissioning programmes
- Monitoring/reporting progress, highlighting any inefficiencies
- Forecast problems as early as possible enabling corrective action to be taken
- Maintain clear communication lines between all parties to meet programme deadlines
- Prepare earned value analysis (EVA) & S curve reports
- Ensure all project key deliverables/milestones are achievable.
- Preparation of tender programmes to ensure supplier/sub contractor deliverables are met
- Agree working arrangements with all key service providers
- Produce procurement schedules.
- Engage with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure timeframes are maintained.
- Agree procurement timeframes with the Project Team and actively monitor throughout the procurement period.
- Visit site regularly to monitor progress
- Attend site meetings with the client and site teams
- Preparation of programme project reports
- Preparation of look ahead reports to focus site teams
- Ensure clear communication of programme activities to site personnel
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services or Building Studies.
- Fully conversant with MS Project 2003 & 2007 and an appreciation of Suretrak / Primavera software would also be beneficial
- Have an appreciation of design principals to ensure smooth transition into construction activities
- Experienced in carrying out and reporting Earned Value Analysis.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and clean-rooms.
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
- IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Experienced in the delivery of full turnkey projects.
What's on offer
- Salary negotiable (dependent on experience)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension scheme Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events