Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We are looking for a talented Senior Electrical Designer to join our design team in our Rochdale’s office.
Reporting to the Principal Electrical Engineer and Design Director, the Electrical Designer will be responsible for the electrical design processes from concept through to commissioning including an assistance in delivering project on site when required. Responsibilities will include but not exclusive to the following –
- Responsible for all the aspects of Electrical Design
- Managing specialist design package sub-contractors, i.e. Fire Alarm, Data, Security, CCTV, door access, HV/LV installations
- Working with PEE to develop and coordinate a project program.
- Providing input into a design programme including sequence and duration of design activities
- Producing detailed design drawings in line with cost and program
- Generating all electrical design information such, e.i. room data sheets, room elevation, specifications and schedules
- Attending all relevant design meetings
- Providing a support to CDM coordinator in line with current regulations
- Liaising with the PEE on all electrical design issues
- Attending site visits across the UK
- Lighting calculation using industry software
- LV Distribution and small power calculations using Amtech or Evacomp
- Responsible for issuing all electrical drawings to the team members
- Obtaining a client brief with the PEE
- Assisting with TQ and RFI
- HNC/HND qualified (Degree would be an advantage)
- AutCad, Amtech, Evacomp proficient
- Revit knowledge would be an advantage
What’s on offer?
- Salary negotiable (dependent on experience)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension scheme Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events
Please note, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.