Senior Electrical Project Engineer
BES works with world-leading organisations in the pharmaceutical, life science and healthcare sectors to create cutting-edge cleanrooms, laboratories and other sophisticated environments. Committed to innovation and excellence in all we do, our specialist services encompass consultancy, design, construction, commissioning and validation.
Our clients operate in highly regulated industries and therefore the service we offer must be professional at all times.
In addition to your specific duties and responsibilities you must always represent the company in the best possible light in order to help secure repeat business opportunities.
Based in the Rochdale office you will report to the Engineering and Project Directors, your primary roles and responsibilities are set out below:-
Although reporting to the Engineering and Project Directors you will have overall responsibility for all of the electrical work undertaken by the company from concept stage through to handover including commissioning and validation support
Boulting Group, our parent company, have developed into a multi disciplined engineering services provider but were originally an E&I specialist and therefore have great capability in the design and installation of electrical systems / works.
Boulting Group and BES work together to deliver an integrated offering to certain clients and in these cases our own electrical input is minimal. However an increasing proportion of or electrical work is carried out independently through our own supply chain and it is these projects where you will have maximum influence.
- Provide support to the sales team including the preparation of budget costs and detailed estimates together with outline design solutions and technical submissions, all to help generate new business.
- Develop our supply chain to ensure that competitive quotations can be sought from competent electrical contractors for both design and construction services.
Build long term relationships with these companies through regular dialogue and structured ‘Relationship Meetings’.
- Carry out concept, basic and detailed design of the electrical services associated with the specialist turnkey facilities we deliver.
Review and monitor the standard of electrical design provided by 3rd parties.
- Work closely with our Project Managers to deliver a range of projects to our clients, including the following duties:
- Input into design and construction programmes
- Monitor and report progress to ensure projects are delivered on time
- Negotiate and agreed working arrangements with electrical services providers
- Maintain strict cost control from procurement through to handover
- Work closely with our Construction Managers to ensure all projects are delivered to the clients entire satisfaction including the following:
- Set and maintain high standards of workmanship during construction
- Attend site meetings with the client and our site teams
- Preparation of quality and safety plans
- Input into risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments
- Working in accordance with our quality assurance procedures you will ensure that the quality and standard of work of both design and construction phase meets the high expectations of both BES and our clients.
- Maintain a good knowledge of current legislation, requirements and best practice, for both design and construction operations to ensure all work is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Good basic education: ONC / HNC in Electrical / Electronic Engineering discipline
Job Related Experience
- Thorough knowledge of electrical systems
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of electrical systems/installation work.
- Good general knowledge of electrical distribution theory, cable sizing data, motor control techniques and field instrumentation systems
- An appreciation of fault levels, earthing practice and protection and coordination devices
- Familiarity with QA systems and compliance
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organisation and with clients.
- Trained to a minimum standard of IoSH Managing Safely.
- IT literate and familiar with design packages i.e. Hevacomp, Cymap etc.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the design and construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Project and a working knowledge of AutoCAD systems.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in industry.