Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
With many prestigious projects underway and a healthy forward order book with a forecasted turnover of over £50m this year, it is an exciting time to join our business.
We are currently seeking to further grow our Rochdale team by recruiting a new Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
By joining BES, you will have the opportunity to work with premium clients to deliver challenging and industry-leading projects, ranging from laboratories and cleanrooms to the most complex pioneering pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities. You will also be offered opportunities to expand your skill set and develop your career.
The foundations of the company have been built around partnering and collaboration, which is only possible through open and honest communication. We are looking for individuals who can share this ethos and continue to provide professional and best-in-class services to our clients.
Based in the Rochdale office you will report to a Design Lead, your primary roles and responsibilities are set out below :-
Although reporting to the Design Lead you will have responsibility for the following mechanical / HVAC design processes from concept through to detailed design including involvement in commissioning support as required.
- Safety, Health and the Environment.
- Procurement and Resources.
- Programming and Planning.
- Research and QA / QC laboratories
- Sensitive research facilities
- Pilot scale manufacturing
- Full scale manufacturing
- Potent processing
- Sterile manufacturing
You would have a good working knowledge of HEVACOMP building services design software.
A major aspect of your work would be the development of detailed designs suitable for procurement and installation including sizing, selection, space planning and routing for all necessary plant, equipment and distribution networks to meet the needs of both human comfort and process specific requirements. This would be with the support of CAD draughtsman.
Competence of all major building services systems would be required including:
- General & process specific supply & extract ventilation
- Fume & dust extract
- Clean room ventilation
- Comfort air conditioning
- Process specific heating / cooling / dehumidification and humidification
- Chilled water
- LPHW / MPHW & HPHW , Steam & Condensate
- Building Management Systems
- Natural Gas
- Compressed air
- Nitrogen & Special Gases
- Domestic & process H&CWS
- Above ground drainage
- Provide necessary information to support statutory authority submissions.
You would be office based but be expected to visit sites as necessary to undertake general and detailed surveys on existing buildings.
You would be expected to work in line with our accredited quality assurance procedures ISO 9001 – 2015.
Procurement and Planning
- Secure and check compliant quotations for all plant, equipment and systems.
- Produce procurement schedules.
- Assist in planning works for design and procurement phases
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services but ideally qualified to degree level.
- Trained to a minimum standard of IoSH Managing Safely.
- Experienced in design and co-ordination of turnkey projects including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
- IT literate and familiar with design packages i.e. Hevacomp, Cymap etc.
- Working knowledge of company quality and safety procedures.
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations and in particular of the design risk assessment process.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred, particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- Able to lead work as part of a team delivering a fully co-ordinated / integrated solution.
- Able to meet the requirements of BES competency Profile for Senior Design Engineers.
- Conversant with ISO 9001 quality systems and procedures.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Project and a working knowledge of AutoCAD systems.
- Have a least ten years’ experience of working in practice with the ability to generate commercial designs and an eye to provide unique solutions.
- Customer focussed and able to liaise with senior personnel within the clients’ organisation.
- Attend site meetings
What's on offer
- Salary negotiable (dependent on experience)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension scheme Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events