Senior Quantity Surveyor
With over 18 years of proven capability in pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, BES offers unique career opportunities, along with a supportive and collaborative work culture.
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our southern team based in Milton Keynes.
Our Milton Keynes office has been successfully operating since 2018, supporting a growing client base in the South. With its close proximity to the main bio sciences and healthcare organisations found in Oxford, Cambridge and London, Milton Keynes offers superb transport links combined with fantastic amenities.
By joining BES, you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and career as an integral part of a driven and growing team. You will work with premium clients on challenging and interesting projects, ranging from laboratories and cleanrooms to the most complex pioneering pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
The foundations of the company have been built around partnering and collaboration, which is only possible through open and honest communication. We are looking for individuals who can share this ethos and continue to provide professional and best-in-class services to our clients.
With many prestigious projects underway and a healthy forward order book with a forecasted turnover of over £50m this year, it is an exciting time to join our business.
- Collaborative Contracts
- Commercial Support
- System Development
- Tendering / Estimating
- Produce procurement schedules
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Agree working arrangements with all key service providers
- Agree terms and conditions and raise orders for significant work packages
- Compile enquiry documents for competitive bidding
- Analyse sub-contractors tender returns, compile tender analysis report
- Determine preliminary allowances including design and staff costs against programme
- Produce S curve of project expenditure across programme
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities in a professional format for Client
- Material listing
- Assisting in establishing a client’s requirements and undertaking feasibility studies
- Prepare cost schedules using schedules of rates
- A degree in Quantity Surveying is preferred but minimum qualifications are HNC in Quantity Surveying/ Building Services or Building Studies/Construction.
- Other relevant courses accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- Fully conversant with traditional forms of contract but also alliance, collaborative and re-imbursable type projects.
- IT proficient.
- Membership or accreditation with any professional institution (RICS/ICE/CIBSE/CIOB) would be favorable.
- Minimum 10 years experience in industry.
What's on offer
- Salary negotiable (dependent on experience)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension scheme Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events