BES works with world-leading organisations in the pharmaceutical, life science and healthcare sectors to create cutting-edge cleanrooms, laboratories and other sophisticated environments. Committed to innovation and excellence in all we do, our specialist services encompass consultancy, design, construction, commissioning and validation.
Our clients operate in highly regulated industries and therefore the service we offer must be professional at all times.
In addition to your specific duties and responsibilities you must always represent the company in the best possible light in order to help secure repeat business opportunities.
Site based and reporting to a Site Operations Manager, your primary roles and responsibilities are set out below:-
Although responsibility lies with the Site Manager you will have shared responsibility for site activities as prescribed, these can be split into specific areas which are described in more detail below
- Safety, Health and the Environment.
- Procurement and Resources.
- Programming and Planning.
As part of the ‘front line’ point of contact with the Client you will need to be customer focused, non confrontational and establish good working relationships.
Based on site you may also have to take part in site meetings and therefore providing constructive input to the meetings etc. to all other staff and liaison and coordination with all other contractors and site based project teams.
Although your role described here is based on supporting the Site Manager, dependent on the size, nature and complexity of the project you may also be required to ‘site manage’ certain projects independently.
Safety, Health and the Environment
You will have a working knowledge of current legislation, requirements and best practice and will assist the site manager in monitoring and improving Health and Safety at site level. Your shared responsibilities will include some of the following,
- Promote and maintain a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Utilise the BES / Boulting Group Safety Management System in full.
- All work to be carried out with close reference to the Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan.
- Ensuring that method statements & risk assessments are produced, reviewed & submitted for all installations.
- Strive to achieve Zero Lost Time Accidents on site.
- Prepare / review COSHH assessments.
- Carry out regular toolbox talks and site safety audits.
- Liaise with BES safety advisor.
- Monitor appropriate PPE.
BES often fulfill the role of Principal Contractor and therefore you will provide support to the Site Manager in sharing the responsibility for the Health and Safety on site.
In conjunction with the Site Manager you will monitor quality and the standards of work on site and will therefore assist in the following tasks:
- Liaison with all disciplines to ensure works is accurately coordinated.
- Inspection of final installation, completion of snag lists and monitoring of completion of snags
- Correctly interpret drawings and documents for installation
- Thorough communication with tradesmen of the working practices required
- Inspection of onsite installations.
- Set, maintain and agree standards of workmanship
- Understand the BES Quality System, implement and promote
- Verify, maintain and review inspection records
- Achieve Zero Formal Customer Complaints
- Assess build ability of the installation and provide proactive solutions where required
- Maintain a site diary
- Induction and approval of tradesmen (including sub contractors)
Procurement and Resources
Procurement of major plant and subcontract packages will be the responsibility of the Project Manager; however you will be required to carry out the following:
- Assist in organising working arrangements with subcontractors.
- Organise in conjunction with the Site Manager equipment, plant hire and materials.
- Supervision of site labour.
- Assist in the organisation of sub contractors on site to meet project time scales.
- Organisation, receipt, inspection, storage and control of incoming goods and materials.
Programming / Planning
The preparation of the construction programme will usually be the responsibility of the Project Manager or Project Planner, however you will be expected to assist when required the following tasks:
- Liaise with the BES Site Manager regularly to discuss planning and progress.
- Liaise with relevant members of the team to discuss and agree programme requirements.
- Ensure the project is competed to the agreed timescales.
- Provide feedback to enable progress reports to be compiled.
- Assist in undertaking weekly site reports.
- Monitor labour levels on site
- Attend & input into PDR Meetings
- Attend daily briefs with contractors
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Trained to a minimum standard of IoSH Managing Safely or SSSTS
- Suitable NVQ’s/City Guild tradesperson qualification
- Experienced in supervision of turnkey projects within your expertise including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
- IT literate.
- Working Knowledge of the CDM regulations and able to provide good organisational support to the Site Manager where we are fulfilling the role of principal contractor.
- Minimum 5 years experience in industry.