With over 18 years of proven capability in pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, BES offers unique career opportunities, along with a supportive and collaborative work culture.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Project Manager to join our southern team based in Milton Keynes.
Our Milton Keynes office has been successfully operating since 2018, supporting a growing client base in the South. With its close proximity to the main bio sciences and healthcare organisations found in Oxford, Cambridge and London, Milton Keynes offers superb transport links combined with fantastic amenities.
By joining BES, you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise and career as an integral part of a driven and growing team. You will work with premium clients on challenging and interesting projects, ranging from laboratories and cleanrooms to the most complex pioneering pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
The foundations of the company have been built around partnering and collaboration, which is only possible through open and honest communication. We are looking for individuals who can share this ethos and continue to provide professional and best-in-class services to our clients.
With many prestigious projects underway and a healthy forward order book with a forecasted turnover of over £50m this year, it is an exciting time to join our business.
- Safety, Health and the Environment.
- Procurement and Resources.
- Programming and Planning.
- Ensure early production of Design Risk Assessments.
- Allocate the resources required to carry out all design work within both the programme and commercial constraints of the project.
- Chair design review meetings in line with the Project Quality Plan.
- Liaise with the Client and the Design team to ensure that User requirements together with the Projects commercial constraints are fully accounted for within the detailed design.
- Maintain an overview of the detailed design to ensure that all deliverables are issued on time and to the standards required by BES and our Clients.
- Promote and maintain a positive health and safety culture throughout the project team.
- Utilise the BES / Boulting Group Safety Management System in full.
- Ensure that the Construction Phase Health & Safety Plan is produced and contains accurate and relevant information with regard to the specific site and project.
- Ensure that method statements and risk assessments are checked by the site manager in line with the Health and Safety Management System.
- Ensure that the production of Hazard Identification and risk assessments are carried out in the early stages of the design process, and updated as the project progresses.
- Review risk assessments, method statements and COSHH assessments as required together with the site manager.
- Carry out regular site safety audits.
- Liaise with BES safety advisor.
- Ensure production of the Project Quality Plan.
- Ensure compliance with BES Quality Systems throughout all stages of the project.
- Liaise with the Client to determine project requirements and a thorough understanding of the Clients requirements.
- Liaison with all disciplines to ensure works is accurately coordinated.
- Inspection of final installation, ensure completion of snag lists and monitoring of completion of snags
- Fully communicate with the site manager and site teams to ensure full understanding by all of the drawings and documents for installation
- Inspection of on site installations.
- Set, maintain and agree standards of workmanship with the site manager.
- Understand the BES Quality System, implement and promote
- Verify, maintain and review inspection records
- Achieve Zero Formal Customer Complaints
- Assess build ability of the installation and provide proactive solutions where required
- Agree format of handover documentation with the Client including commissioning test sheets, Validation protocols and handover certificates.
- Carry out Project review meetings as required, and in line with the Quality Plan, as a minimum.
- Agree resources required to fulfil the required project roles, with the managing director.
- Agree working arrangements with all key service providers
- Produce procurement schedules.
- Procurement of equipment, plant hire and materials.
- Organisation and management of sub contractor procurement to meet project time scales.
- Prepare the project programme with input from all relevant parties.
- Liaise with the project team regularly to discuss planning and progress.
- Liaise with relevant members of the project team to discuss and agree programme requirements.
- Ensure the project is competed to the agreed timescales.
- Prepare short and long term programmes.
- Ensure preparation of progress reports.
- Report progress of the project to the Client, and to the Managing Director during Project Reviews.
- Minimum HNC qualified in Building Services or Building Studies.
- Trained to a minimum standard of IoSH Managing Safely.
- Experienced in managing turnkey projects including construction, HVAC, mechanical and electrical works.
- Experienced in the pharmaceutical and healthcare markets is preferred particularly in the construction of laboratories and cleanrooms.
- Working knowledge of company safety and quality procedures.
- IT literate and conversant with Microsoft Office, Outlook and Project.
- Fully conversant with CDM regulations and able to operate at senior level in fulfilling the role of principal contractor.
- Customer focussed and able to communicate at the highest level within client organisations.
What's on offer
- Salary negotiable (dependent on experience)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension scheme Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events