Work Package Manager - Process Utilities
WFI, Pure Steam, Purified Water, Nitrogen & Compressed air
BES is the award-winning business, specialising in the design, construction and engineering of complex environments. Our in-house multidisciplinary teams provide fully-integrated services to organisations in the pharmaceutical, life sciences and advanced technology industries across the UK.
With many prestigious projects underway and a healthy forward order book with a forecasted turnover of over £50m this year, it is an exciting time to join our business.
About the Role
The potential candidate will have relevant qualifications with 10-15 years, experience in Project Engineering/management and must have experience of process utility package delivery ideally within a Pharma / Lab environment.
The successful candidate will be required to lead, manage and control all engineering related activities on the relevant Work Package to deliver on requirements, budget and schedule in a safe and compliant manner.
The candidate will possess strong problem solving and analytical skills, be a good communicator (written and verbal), have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport with others.
They will also be self-motivated and able to act on his initiative, be highly organised with proven time-management and prioritisation skills.
The role will be based in North West office, with travel to sites across the UK and therefore some overnight stays will be required.
- Define, manage and drive the delivery schedule for the work package to meet the overall project plan.
- Procurement of all associated packages to ensure timely delivery
- Identify risks such as commercial, design, schedule and make assessment of such risk and mitigate its impact on the work package.
- Act as the key contact for the package and collaborate with the client and other stakeholders to fully define all necessary aspects of the delivery.
- Work package ownership from supplier selection through to operational qualified status
- Responsible for ensuring the work package meets all the stage-gates associated with delivery.
- Work package owner will schedule and support relevant studies (FMEA, RCA, HAZOPs)
- Responsible for setting the culture for right first time and quality to ensure work package meets all SHE, GMP & GEP compliance standards
- To collaborate with colleagues in the project team to ensure all interfaces with other parts of the project are understood and accountabilities agreed to enable integrated activities to be successfully delivered.
- Co-ordinate activities with Construction, Installation teams and Equipment Supplier during install of equipment into new facility.
- Monitor, control and produce regular reports regarding package progress, risks and opportunities.
- Identification of potential changes in the scope of work and ensure that appropriate change requests are current, adequate and communicated to the project team.
- Management of supplier’s technical and commercial issues.
- Management of co-ordination of FAT, SAT, Qualification execution and support.
- Promotes a positive Health and Safety culture when on-site, leading by example to create a 100% injury-free environment.
- Strong collaborator with ability to create and maintain effective working relationships and willing to challenge behaviours and actions.
- Demonstrated practitioner of practical problem-solving.
- Detail focussed completer/finisher with a results-orientated mindset.
- Strong leadership qualities with motivational ability to direct others in a dynamic and complex environment through change.
- Colloborate and work in partnership with multiple customer teams to deliver programme/project objectives,
- High profession standards, holding themselves and other in the team to deliver high quality outcomes to committed deadlines.
- Works with integrity and tenacity to ‘do the right thing’ even under challenging situation
What's on offer
- Salary negotiable
- Flexible Working Hours
- Pension scheme Healthcare
- Child care vouchers
- Interesting and challenging projects delivered for blue chip pharmaceutical companies
- Great opportunities for further career development
- Social Events